Grand Tour of Switzerland
The Grand Tour of Switzerland
From palm-lined lakeshores to sparkling glaciers, from medieval villages to buzzing cities – the Grand Tour of Switzerland packs in an incredible number of sights. The concentration of attractions is unrivalled worldwide.
The Grand Tour of Switzerland:
- takes you past the most beautiful scenery to the tourist highlights in Switzerland
- can be driven in either direction, although Switzerland Tourism recommends traveling clockwise
- crosses over five Alpine passes, runs along 22 lakes and passes by 11 UNESCO World Heritage Sites and two biospheres
- is around 1,600 kilometers or 1,000 miles in distance
- can be completed in 7 days if you drive 5 hours per day or in 10 days if you add some excursions
- is geared primarily to cars and motorbikes. Larger vehicles are likely to encounter some restrictions.