Sure-footedness is required and a good head for heights is necessary for many ascents and descents. With a little luck also animal watching is possible. For some trips the way back can be shortened by means of a cable railway beginning at half altitude. The departure and the endpoint of the hike is different in each case. Gear consists of mountain boots with good profile, a daypack with snacks and beverage, rain and sun protection, hat or hood, maybe gloves and walking sticks. For a peak performance several factors have to match favourably and security has the highest priority.
- Northeast of Zurich: Schnebelhorn 1,293m (highest Zurich mountain, hiking distance Steg – Libingen, 600m up); Höchhand SG 1,314m (High altitude clinic Wald – Wattwil, 1,000m up); Planggenstock GL 1,675m (Reichenburg – Ziegelbrücke, 1,300m up); Gonzen SG 1,829m (Sargans – Kurhaus Oberschan/ Seveler or Buchser Berg, maybe incl. Alvier 2,343m, at least 1,400m up); Federispitz SG 1,865m (Ziegelbrücke – Ebnat-Kappel, 1,900m up); Alpstein-Säntis / Churfirsten SG/AI/AR max. 2,501m (various possibilities); Vorder Glärnisch GL 2,327m (Rhodannenberg – Schwändi, 1,500m up); Gufelstock GL 2,436m (Sool/Engi – Äugsten, 1,700m up); Heitel-, Heubützli-, Foopass SG/GL 2,468m (Weisstannen – Elm, 2,000m up); Falknis GR 2,560m (Maienfeld – Balzers, 2,100m up); Pizol 2,844m SG (from/to Bad Ragaz resp. Laufböden, 800m up, CHF 40/P cable car supplement).
- Westerly (Jura): Belchenflue SO 1,098m (Allerheiligenberg – Waldenburg/Liestal or Hauenstein/ Olten, 300m up); Weissenstein SO 1,395m (Balmberg – Vauffelin, 600m up); Chasseral BE 1,607m (St-Imier – Les Prés-d'Orvin, 900m up).
- Southerly: Wildspitz ZG 1,580m (Goldau – Sattel/ Unterägeri/Zugerberg, 1,100m up); Rigi-Hochflue SZ 1,698m (Brunnen – Goldau, 1,300m up), Gr. Mythen SZ 1,898m (Schwyz – Brunni, 1,500m up).
This tour for groups or individuals is available in these languages
|German, English, French, Italian, Spanish|
Per person: CHF 160
Time and duration
8 – 10 h
|Anzahl Teilnehmer||1 – 10|
This tour is available as follows
|All year||Monday, Wednesday, Friday|
Available on the following days
- Other times and days (incl. Saturday and Sunday) on request
- For further guided hiking, biking and cross-country skiing tours please refer to www.toptrek.ch