Hiking from Winterthur to Rapperswil – Züri Oberland-Höhenweg
The trail leads from Winterthur through a beautiful pre-Alpine hiking area with rugged valleys, lakes and ridges with wonderful views.
The Züri-Oberland-Höhenweg is a hike through this densely forested, often seemingly mysterious, sprawling valley system. Sometimes the trail leads down next to the babbling waters, later almost without exception along summit ridges with fabulous views. At the boundary between Canton Zurich and Toggenburg, the route leads through one of Switzerland’s loveliest pre-Alpine hiking areas.
- Stages: 4 (Winterthur–Girenbad, Girenbad–Hulftegg, Hulftegg–Chrüzegg, Chrüzegg–Rapperswil)
- Total length: 72 km (45 miles)
- Conditions: easy (hiking trail)
- Physical requirements: medium
- Height difference: Winterthur–Rapperswil: 3000 m, Rapperswil–Winterthur: 3000 m
- Signalisation: Hiking trail No. 69