Richterswil impresses with its picturesque and ancient village containing well-preserved half-timbered houses. The Hüttnersee is an idyllic lake set in the landscape of Moränenhügell.
A completed different world greets you along the Sihluferweg trail. The pre-Alpine waters of the River Sihl wind towards Zürich, swerving past large rocky mounds, creating a gorge-like environment whilst providing hikers with an easy route to the Finsterseebrücke bridge. The last small waterway on this hike is Teufenbachweiher, a reservoir.
- Length: 14 km (8.5 miles)
- Hiking time: Richterswil–Schönenberg, ZH: 3 h 50 min, Schönenberg, ZH – Richterswil: 3 h 30 min
- Conditions: easy (hiking trail)
- Physical requirements: medium
- Height difference: Richterswil–Schönenberg, ZH: 600 m (2,000 ft), Schönenberg, ZH – Richterswil: 280 m (900 ft)
Open to the public all day
|Zürich Main Station||22.7 km||28 min|
|Zürich Airport||29.1 km||40 min|