Haus zur Farb in Stäfa – 500 Years of Local History
This building, the central part of which was constructed as a timber house in ca. 1460, now houses the city museum.
Even before the heyday of the textile industry, a major dyeing plant was located in this building in the 17th century. At the end of the 18th century, the dyeing plant was discontinued in favor of a textile printing plant and milling operation. The dyer Johannes Pfenninger (1717-1795) presided as judge over the village court in a room on the third floor.
The exhibited items reflect the lively history of craftsmanship and residence in the building and the Stäfa region. Temporary exhibitions tell the story of life by Lake Zurich – then and now.
6.00pm – 9.00pm
2.00pm – 5.00pm
|Zürich Main Station||21.3 km||37 min|
|Zürich Airport||26.9 km||61 min|