Zurich is quieter than usual at the moment. But if you take care when you are out and about, you can still enjoy the city in all its many facets. From March 1, 2021, the following precautionary measures apply:
- Face masks are compulsory on all forms of public transportation, in all indoor spaces, and in busy pedestrian zones. In addition, wearing a mask is mandatory when the required distance cannot be maintained.
- Museums and stores, as well as outdoor sports and leisure facilities, zoos, and botanical gardens are open.
- Restaurants, bars, and nightclubs remain closed. However, hotel restaurants can stay open for guests. Take aways and delivery services are allowed.
- For outdoor events for family and friends and gatherings in public areas, a maximum of 15 people are permitted.
- Events are banned.
- You can find further information on the website of the Federal Office of Public Health and of the Canton Zurich Department of Health.
Switzerland has an excellent health system. Covid-19 tests can be carried out in hospitals, medical practises, pharmacies or directly at the airport. We have listed a selection of options for you here if you require a PCR test for the return journey to your home country.
The opening times of stores, service providers, and institutions in Zurich vary. It is therefore advisable to contact the respective establishment in advance.
Information relating to entry restrictions and stay regulations can be obtained from the State Secretariat for Migration SEM.
The staff at Zürich Tourism would be delighted to assist and advise you in person at the Tourist Information at Zurich Main Station. They can also be reached at any time via chat, e-mail, and phone.
Public transportation operates according to the regular timetable. Up-to-date information can be obtained from the Swiss Federal Railways (SBB) and the Zurich Transport Network (ZVV). However, Zurich can also easily be explored on foot.
Stay informed and be inspired: on our social media channels, we send greetings from Zurich out into the world and share inspiring content.
Our Newsletter enables us to stay in touch with you. You can subscribe to our Newsletter here.
We look forward to your visit!