In Zurich, too, various coronavirus measures remain in force. Despite this, the city is slowly returning to a degree of normality. If you take care when you are out and about, you can still enjoy Zurich in all its many facets.
From April 19, 2021, the following precautionary measures apply:
- Face masks are compulsory on all forms of public transportation, in all indoor spaces, and in busy pedestrian zones. In addition, wearing a mask is mandatory when the required distance cannot be maintained.
- Museums and stores, as well as the outdoor areas of sports and leisure facilities, zoos, and botanical gardens, are open.
- Restaurant and bars may open their outdoor seating areas until 11 pm. A maximum of 4 persons are allowed per table.
- Restaurants in hotels are open for hotel guests.
- In movie theaters and theaters, a maximum of 50 people are allowed. Masks must be worn at all times and the consumption of food and drink is prohibited.
- The maximum number of visitors at outdoor events is limited to 100 people. There is a seating requirement and masks must be worn at all times. Food and drink are not allowed.
- Nightclubs remain closed.
- For events for family and friends and gatherings in public areas, a maximum of 15 people are permitted.
- You can find further information on the website of the Federal Office of Public Health and of the Canton Zurich Department of Health.
Switzerland has an excellent health system. Covid-19 tests can be carried out in hospitals, medical practises, and pharmacies or directly at the airport. We have listed a selection of options for you here if you require a PCR test for the return journey to your home country.
The opening times of stores, service providers, and institutions in Zurich vary. It is therefore advisable to contact the respective establishment in advance.
Information relating to entry restrictions and stay regulations can be obtained from the State Secretariat for Migration SEM.
The staff at Zürich Tourism would be delighted to assist and advise you in person at the Tourist Information at Zurich Main Station. They can also be reached at any time via chat, e-mail, and phone.
Public transportation operates according to the regular timetable. Up-to-date information can be obtained from the Swiss Federal Railways (SBB) and the Zurich Transport Network (ZVV). However, Zurich can also easily be explored on foot.
Stay informed and be inspired: on our social media channels, we send greetings from Zurich out into the world and share inspiring content.
Our Newsletter enables us to stay in touch with you. You can subscribe to our Newsletter here.
We look forward to your visit!