Coronavirus – the Situation in Zurich
In Zurich, almost all stores, hotels, restaurants, and museums are open and they make sure, that your visit is safe and carefree. At the present time, the following precautionary measures apply:
- Face masks are compulsory on all forms of public transportation, in all publicly accessible inside spaces and in busy pedestrian zones. In general, wearing a mask is mandatory when a distance of 1.5 metres cannot be maintained.
- Gastronomic outlets are required to record customers’ contact details.
- No more than four people will be allowed to sit at a table in restaurants and bars, with the exception of families with children.
- All bars and restaurants must close between 11pm and 6am.
- Discos and nightclubs will be closed.
- Events with more than 50 people are no longer allowed. Large-scale events remain prohibited for the time being.
- Stay informed about the latest information on the website of the Federal Office of Public Health.
The opening times of stores, service providers, and institutions in Zurich may vary. It is therefore advisable to contact the respective establishment in advance.
Information relating to entry restrictions and stay regulations can be obtained from the State Secretariat for Migration SEM.
The staff at Zürich Tourism would be delighted to assist and advise you in person at the Tourist Information at Zurich Main Station. They can also be reached at any time via chat, e-mail, and phone.
Stay informed and be inspired: on our social media channels, we send greetings from Zurich out into the world and share inspiring content.
Our Newsletter enables us to stay in touch with you. You can subscribe to our Newsletter here.
We look forward to your visit!