Ritterhaus and Chapel, Uerikon
The Knights of Uerikon have been mentioned in documents since the 13th century. The Romanesque part of the Uerikon Chapel also dates from this period. It was not until 1492 - long after the Knights of Uerikon had all died - that the head of the Einsiedeln monastery had a stately home constructed over the old foundations – the Burgstall. West of this construction, the so-called Ritterhaus followed in 1531. It was only in the 19th century that the buildings received their romanticized names.
The Ritterhaus is used nowadays for conferences and is popular with school classes as a dormitory and meeting place for special workweeks. The Burgstall houses private apartments, and the chapel is in great demand, especially for weddings.
|Zürich Main Station||22.8 km||35 min|
|Zürich Airport||28.1 km||58 min|